- Circulation Home
- Reserve Materials
- Request Materials
- Reserving Rooms
- Privacy Statement
- Search and borrow books and music scores directly from 50+ academic libraries in WV, PA, and NJ which will usually arrive within 3-5 business days.
- Login to EZ-Borrow
Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- Search and borrow books, articles, book chapters, conference papers, music recordings, music scores, theses, and DVDs. Shipping times vary, but can take between 1-5 weeks.
- In an effort to make signing into Interlibrary Loan (ILL) more secure and user-friendly, the Marshall University Library has changed over to single sign-on for Information Delivery Services. When accessing Interlibrary Loan, use the same MUNET login credentials used for all of MU’s online services such as myMU and MUOnLine. Please note: you will need to create a new account the first time you log into ILL. The system will prompt you.
- Login to ILL
- In accordance with our no-touch circulation for the fall 2020 semester, students who need textbooks should submit an InterLibrary Loan (ILL) request.
- Fill out the ILL form for Book Chapters and make sure to include the textbook title, and inclusive pages/chapter. You will have access to the chapter you requested within 24 hours (Monday through Friday).
- For more information about the Textbook Loan Program, see: What is the Textbook Loan Program?
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Marshall Libraries will continue offering course reserves services for Fall 2020.
- To place a physical item on reserve for a course, use the Reserves Request form.
- If the item is in MU Libraries’ collection, our staff will pull the item for you.
- If the item is in your personal possession, please drop it off using the drop box after submitting your request.
- You can opt to have your reserve items made available to STUDENTS electronically one chapter at a time.
- STUDENTS can request one chapter at a time through Interlibrary Loan. https://www.marshall.edu/library/services/ids/
- Physical reserves are made available to students via No-Touch Circulation.
- To request a reserve item, students must first locate it using the Library Catalog and then click the “Request” button.
- If the ‘Request’ button is not available, you can order the reserve copy via ILL.
- All physical items must undergo a 72-hour quarantine before they can be distributed again, significantly restricting their availability.
Document Delivery (DocDel)
- Search and request books and articles from Marshall Library holdings for electronic delivery, campus-to-campus delivery, or hold-for-pickup (faculty and staff only).
- Turn-around time is typically 1 weekday.
- Signup Form
- email@example.com or call 304-696-6698 or 304-696-2321
- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 304-696-4011 or 304-696-2328
- email@example.com or call 304-696-2321 or 304-696-6568
Important Copyright Information
- The copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
- Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that the photocopy or reproduction is not to be “used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research”. If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or reproduction for purposes in excess of “fair use”, that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
- This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.