The process of applying to scholarships can be time-consuming and daunting. Thus, some students may wonder why even bother! Aside from the obvious benefits of winning a scholarship (financial, professional, emotional, etc.), there are benefits to just going through the process!
Students that actively engage with the application process for nationally competitive scholarships will:
- Enhance and strengthen their relationships with faculty members
- Clarify their own personal and professional goals
- Improve skills in writing that will come in handy for graduate school applications, cover letters, and resumes
- Learn what separates them as an individual from their peers
- Gain confidence in themselves from completing a sophisticated application process