Marshall University Libraries’ Partners Program was created to establish formal, ongoing relationships between the Library and Marshall University colleges, programs, and departments. The goal of the program is to foster dialogue between the Library and academic colleges and programs it supports. This dialogue will enhance the Library’s understanding of user needs, promote integration of information literacy into the curricula, and support collection development. The program matches a library faculty member and support team with a college or program, and subsequently the departments within. See the list of Library Partners by College/Program.
Library Partner Guide
We ask that purchases be restricted to items that are essential for teaching and research. Library Partners work with faculty, students, and staff to provide the best possible services and to explore creative ways to meet their needs.
Overview of Library Partners Services
- Research consultation or expert referral to
Library faculty, staff or resources
- Customized instruction for:
- small groups of faculty
- students, faculty, and small groups
- Updates on new Library resources
- Help with computer access to Library systems and databases
- Individual assistance with database searching
- Creation of customized research guides for classes
Role of Library Partners
Partners have these three functions:
- Serve as the departmental contact for library communication.
- Work with the Collection Development Librarian to coordinate acquisition and collection development.
- Facilitate the purchase request process as well as other departmental library needs or services.
Library Partner Purchasing Guidelines
Purchase requests must be submitted using the online form
- Please order only those items that are essential to research or teaching
- Order fulfillment is based on available funds
- Be sure to complete the form in its entirety
- Upon receipt and processing of the requested material, faculty will be notified that the item is available for checkout
- In the event that the requested material cannot be purchased, the requestor will be notified