Courses teach cinematography/photography, writing, acting, directing, audio production/mixing, post-production, and internships, preparing students for employment beyond the classroom. These practices are interdisciplinary by nature, drawing from diverse research and techniques in order to produce dynamic and creative content. This creative content communicates a variety of messages ranging from the vision of the experimental auteur to the stories of documentarians. Technical instruction works together with existing methods of scholarship to produce compelling media content with high production values. Students gain technical and critical thinking skills through journalistic and artistic video production that is applicable to the expanding media market.
Make your first film on us! We have powerful equipment.
Equipment (sample list)
- 15 Panasonic GH5 (4k micro four-thirds video cameras)
- Panasonic G7 (4k micro four-thirds video cameras)
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
- Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
- On location sound (Zoom H6 kit, Four Zoom H4n Pros, 3 Rode NTG4 shotgun mics) boom poles
- Two Wireless Dual Lavalier Microphone Systems
- Edelkrone SliderPLUS, w 2x Head Ones
- VAC 412 – 18 iMacs, 60’ flat screen, KRK studio monitors
- VAC 411 – 18 iMacs, 60’ flat screen
- VAC 413 – 44” Large Format Canon printer,
- VAC 409 – Lighting studio with white/gray/black/green screen, LED lighting, light stands, etc.
Video Production Job Outlook
Bureau of Labor and Statistics Facts
Gillian Robespierre on getting a movie made: Link to article