Starting with Fiscal Year 2016, all computer purchases will follow a new process for acquisition, management, deployment and disposal. This will allow us to leverage collective buying power and educational discounts. The goals of the process are to provide prudent stewardship of university resources while ensuring each permanent employee who needs access to a computer to perform his or her assigned duties has a suitable device. For core budget orgs, central funding will be utilized to replace computers on a life-cycle basis for permanent positions. Additionally, all new full-time tenure or tenure-track faculty in core budget orgs are to receive a centrally funded computer. By leveraging collective buying power and educational discounts, core computer purchases and replacements will be provided centrally. To streamline the process, the University will make four bulk purchases annually of selected computing devices.
Things to know before making your purchase request:
- Your supervisor and budget manager will still need to approve of the replacement.
- You will need to know the org and fund information for the account your computer purchases came from in the past.
- The model of the computer you’ll be replacing.
- We are currently targeting replacement of computers more than five years old.
- If the standard configurations do not meet your computing needs, please explain what you need and attach a short justification in the special request section of the request form.
- Not all requests will meet budget and IT approval.
- Since computer purchases are planned to take place each quarter, computer deployments may not be completed as quickly as in the past. Please plan accordingly.
- This is a new process and we are committed to making sure it moves as efficiently as possible. We are interested in your feedback and welcome your advice. You can go to http://www.marshall.edu/beherd to let us know what you think.
To request a computer, click below:
For more information, please see the following pages: