- Easily upload and send documents for electronic signature.
- Quickly access and sign documents that require signature.
- Readily check a document’s status, send reminders, view audit trails, and securely store online.
- Create templates using existing forms to help streamline the sending process.
- Oversee document workflow by identifying and managing recipients and routing.
- Make forms available online allowing for self-service and ease of accessibility.
- Training Videos
- General Information
How do I obtain an electronic signature account?
Users who only sign or approve documents do not need a licensed account. Personal account can be requested here by using Marshall email credential. To request a licensed Adobe Sign account, contact email@example.com.
What files types can I use?
- PDF (.pdf)
- Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx)
- Microsoft Excel (.xls and .xlsx)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (.ppt and .pptx)
- WordPerfect (.wp)
- Text (.txt)
- Rich text (.rtf)
- Graphics (.jpg, .jpeg, .gof, .tif, .tiff, .bmp and .png)
- Web (.htm or .html)
Who can see the documents I send via Adobe Sign?
Adobe Sign electronic signature requests are sent directly to the email address(es) of the signer(s) that you specify before you send a document. Only someone with access to that email address will have the ability to open and sign the document.
Can recipients sign a document on a mobile device?
Yes. Adobe Sign supports web-enabled phones and tablet devices as long as the device has a web browser.
Can I store signed documents on Adobe Sign?
Adobe Sign archives signed documents, but always make sure to store a local copy of signed documents by downloading them to your computer or saving a print copy.
Can I send sensitive documents with Adobe Sign?
No. Do not use Adobe Sign to send or store documents containing sensitive information (e.g., Social Security Numbers, credit card numbers).
Ready to use AdobeSign? Log in, here.
If you have any questions or would like to request a demo, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.