Payment Plan Options
Marshall University is proud to offer a payment plan for the Spring 2024 semester. The plan is available until January 12, 2024, and provides four equal payments of your outstanding tuition and if applicable housing charges AFTER all Student Financial Assistance has been applied. The participation fee is equal to 1% of your outstanding balance after all Student Financial Assistance has been applied. Just click on the Marshall Student Account Center link below, log in with your Marshall username and password. Follow the instructions to enroll in the plan.
Marshall University Student Account Center Parent Payment Portal Access (Student permission required) Spring Plan Due Dates
Other Payment Options
These payment methods are still available at no additional fee:
- Electronic Check – online and by telephone
- Personal Check – by mail or in person
- Cashier’s Check – by mail or in person
- Money Order – by mail or in person
- Cash – in person
Information on Paying by Credit Card
In recent years, many universities across the country have found it more and more cost prohibitive to accept credit cards for student account payments. In some cases, the situation has become so extreme that institutions no longer offer the option of credit card payment. Marshall University finds itself in a similar position, given that budget challenges continue to impact operations across all West Virginia state agencies. In order to continue to offer students the option of payment by credit card, Marshall University must pass the cost along to those who use the service.
- A non-refundable 2.85% processing fee, per transaction, will be required to make payment by credit/debit card. The processing fee will be combined with your authorized payment amount and will appear on your credit/debit card statement as a “MU Office of the Bursar” transaction. Marshall University receives no part of the processing fee. This applies only to payments made through the Offices of the Bursar, Registrar and Admissions. MU Bookstore, Athletics, Theatre, Cafeterias, and Artists Series are not affected.
- All major credit cards are accepted as a payment method including American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa .