- diversify the student body, the faculty, the staff, and the educational programs of the University
- provide public services and expand the body of knowledge in Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Promote equitable and fair treatment in every aspect of campus life, education and employment.
Office of Equity Programs Includes
- Title IX Complaints: Including complaints regarding sexual misconduct, sexual harassment, discrimination, domestic violence, & stalking. Visit our online Form to File a Complaint.
- Residency Appeals: Upon receipt of an adverse residency decision from the Office of Admissions, or the Office of the Registrar, a student may appeal the decision.
- Search Procedures: Search Committee Training and Responsibilities & PeopleAdmin Actions
- Employee Complaint & Grievance Actions: The University Complaint procedures and Grievance process
- Training: In addition to online training, the Office of Equity programs can also provide face-to-face training for groups, departments, & programs in a wide variety of topics including, but not limited to: Title IX, Civility, and Diversity & Inclusion. Visit our online Form to Request Training.
How Can I Report a Policy Violation?
- Anonymously: Please note that you may file a complaint anonymously using online Complaint Form. The first step in the form asks if you request to remain anonymous. All complaints filed are reviewed in a timely manner; however, the accused persons are entitled to certain due process, including but not limited to the right to confront their accuser, so the University’s ability to address alleged misconduct reported anonymously is significantly limited.
- Quickly: If you feel you or someone else are in immediate danger, call 911 or Marshall Police at 304-696-HELP. In addition to filling out our online Complaint Form, you may stop by our office in Old Main Room 206.
Relevant Title IX Links for Policies and Procedures
- Marshall University BOG Policy GA-1
- Employee Title IX Procedures PERS-01
- Student Disciplinary Procedures STUDENT-03 – (Effective August 14, 2020 to October 8, 2020)
- Student Disciplinary Procedures STUDENT-03 – (Effective October 9, 2020)
- Student Title IX Flowchart
- Employee Title IX Flowchart
Contact the Office of Equity Programs
Debra Walker Hart, M.S., HRM
Director & Title IX Coordinator
Old Main 324
Jessica H. Donahue Rhodes, Esq.
Title IX Investigator
Old Main 322B