Skip to main content
- Rare Books contains printed materials, dating from the sixteenth century, which cannot be shelved in the public stacks, because of their age, condition or value.
- These books require special care.
- Some of the books are valuable, and most would be difficult to replace.
- All books in Rare Books are available for patron use, but none can be checked out.
- All books must be used in the Hoffman Reading Room.
- Usually the fragile condition of the books precludes photocopying them.