Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 Student Advantage
Office 365 Student Advantage provides Microsoft Office 365 software to currently enrolled students for free. Click here for instructions on how to install Student Advantage on your computer.
Marshall University now has a set of powerful email, web, and collaboration tools that can help you work faster and gain skills for the workplace. Microsoft Office 365 includes your favorite Office features online and allows you to create sophisticated reports and presentations, collaborate in real time with classmates, and share and edit documents from your phone, PC, or Mac.
What Does This Mean for You?
After the upgrade you will have two separate accounts with the same user name and password that you use to access Live@edu.
1. Office 365 account. This account gives you access to your school email. Marshall University administers this account.
2. Personal Microsoft account. This personal account will give you access to all your existing SkyDrive content, Messenger, and other Microsoft services. Note that MU IT no longer administers this account. As a result, we cannot reset the password for you.
What Do You Need to Do?
Complete the following steps:
1. If you are using Internet Explorer 6 or 7, upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer.
2. If you use Outlook to read your email and you are using Microsoft Office 2003, upgrade to Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 to continue using Outlook.
3. Access your email and calendar at www.outlook.com/[Marshall].
4. What is OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) and how do you sign in? Click here to find out.
Information and Support
For more information about the upgrade, see the Checklist for Users.
If you have questions or need help, contact the MUIT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (304) 696-3200.