This position is responsible for the development, support, and management of key IT Database infrastructure and applications and application integrations, as well as the support and maintenance of application servers, custom applications, and single sign-on solutions that support and enhance the Marshall University’s users’ community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist IT Management in deploying IT solutions in an efficient manner.
• Database Administration and Analysis
• Linux and Windows Server maintenance, and configuration
• Oracle database skills, analysis and SQL development
• Web Infrastructure skills, IIS, Apache, Tomcat Configuration and deployment
• Application installation, configuration, and support
• Database cloning, back-up, and update
• Database support, working directly with data owners
• Knowledge of other Database systems is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
2-4 years of database management system development experience, specifically in the use of the SQL language and tools. A minimum of 2 years of team based project experience. Oracle database and middle tier experience, and knowledge of Ellucian Banner and associated Ellucian products is a plus. Proven ability to provide the highest levels of interpersonal communications with sensitivity to understanding the demands of a higher education environment; excellent customer service, problem solving, and leadership skills.
Knowledge of Ellucian Banner and associated Ellucian products is a plus.