- Quality Matters is the quality assurance program used at Marshall University for the development and approval of online or hybrid courses.
- Note: Faculty are strongly encouraged to register for QM Workshops via WV-Rocks, a statewide professional development partner. As part of Marshall’s “Save to Serve” culture, Online Education will only fund registration through WVROCKS. For Faculty that register directly with Quality Matters, registrations will have to be funded by the faculty member’s department.
- Faculty can register for any of the QM training classes listed through WVRocks to meet QM certification, including sessions at Marshall, virtual sessions, and online asynchronous sessions.
- The rubric workshops offered through Marshall’s Design Center introduce participants to the Quality Matters program and the QM rubric used to assess and approve the design of online courses at Marshall University.
- Only one workshop is required for faculty to obtain the QM endorsement to teach online (100% online or e-course) or hybrid courses (virtual, technology-enhanced, or hyflex). Every three (3) years, faculty must re-certify their Quality Matters endorsement with one course.
- To learn more about the workshops offered at Marshall and how to register, follow the link below.
Upcoming Workshops at Marshall
Check our Localist Calendar for updates on upcoming workshops this Fall.Check Localist Calendar
All WV-Rocks Workshops
Use this link to register for Workshops – whether they occur on the Marshall campus or online.
Tuition is supported through the office of Online Learning. Please ensure that your schedule permits this commitment before registering.
Be sure to check the box reading, “Please verify that your institution has approved payment.”See Listings