Nominations for the 2022 Marshall University Diversity Awards are now open. Nominations are due by Wednesday, March 16, 2022.
The Marshall University Diversity Awards recognize students, staff, and faculty who have helped to cultivate an inclusive campus environment by celebrating, supporting, or enhancing diversity on or off-campus. A $500 award is given annually to one individual from each of the following categories:
- Full-Time Staff
Diversity Award Criteria
To be considered a candidate for the award, the nominee must meet ONE of the following four criteria
- Individual who has advocated for diversity, equality, and inclusion of underrepresented groups and/or social justice
- Individual who has demonstrated a sustained commitment to the advancement of cultural diversity and inclusion at Marshall University or in the surrounding communities
- Individual who has implemented or sponsored an event that cultivates diversity and inclusion
- Individual who has demonstrated respect or inclusive treatment when interacting with others
Past recipients of the MU Diversity Award are ineligible to be nominated.
Please note that the Marshall University Diversity awards are intended for those who go above and beyond their assigned duties to promote diversity and inclusion. Employees who have diversity education, management, or compliance as their primary or secondary job responsibilities are not eligible for the award unless they have made an extraordinary contribution beyond their employment role.
Components of the Nomination Form Include
- Nominator Information;
- Role of the Nominee;
- Nominee Information;
- List of campus organizations, activities, or initiatives related to diversity, equality, or inclusion that the nominee has been involved in;
- Description of how the nominee has been involved in efforts to improve a diverse or inclusive campus climate; and
- 300 Word or less explanation of why the nominee deserves recognition by receiving the Marshall University Diversity Award.
- Student: Semoni Weaver
- Faculty: Dr. Georgiana Logan, College of Health Professions
- Staff: LaDawna Walker-Dean, College of Health Professions
Postponed due to the global COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Student: Gretel Toloza-Alvarez
- Faculty: Dr. Majed Khader, University Libraries
- Full-Time Staff: Nick Wright, Division of Student Affairs
- Student: Matt Jarvis
- Faculty: Dr. Kelli Johnson, University Libraries
- Full-Time Staff: Megan Archer, University Communications