Virtual Educator Expo Spring 2021: April 1st
Join us for the Educator Expo on April 1st from 1 pm – 4 pm. Interact in real-time via live chat sessions and meet top-notch students seeking full-time and part-time positions.
Marshall University includes bright, capable, and motivated students and recent graduates eager to contribute and make positive change. We invite you to meet and recruit them for work at your organization in the Business Majors Virtual Career Fair. This event will be hosted on Handshake. We and our students/graduates look forward to connecting with you!
Registration is now open and will close on April 1st at 10:00 am EST.
- What is the cost of the event? The cost for this fair is $125 for For-Profit organizations and $75 for Non-Profit and Government organizations.
- How will the platform work? Will grads communicate with employers through a chat function or will there be any live video communication? A quick overview: employers can have up to 15 representatives interact in 10-minute 1-on-1 chats (text- and video-based) for the duration of the event and a maximum of three 30-minute group sessions per employer with up to 50 students.
Registering and signing up for virtual sessions
- In order to sign up for sessions with employers, you must be registered for the expo. For details on this process, please see Signing up For Virtual Fair Sessions.
- To sign up for Group or 1:1 sessions, your profile privacy will need to be set to Community or Employers. For more information on profile privacy, please see Profile Privacy Options in Handshake.
- Review which employers are attending the expo (follow employers you want to check back in with)!
- You’ll be able to sign up for sessions up to one(1) minute before the start time; once the session has started, you’ll be unable to sign up for the session.
Preparing for a virtual career expo
Here are some best practices to help you prepare for a successful expo:
- Ensure you have the right set up to support your audio (required) and video (optional). Handshake Video Requirements & Troubleshooting (Students)
- Complete your profile – How to Drive Profile Completion
- Upload a resume to your profile, if you haven’t already! Video: How to Upload a Document