Not sure what the future holds for you?
The Office of Career Education staff are available to help you:
- Identify strengths and how they apply to different majors
- Evaluate career opportunities based on educational majors
- Assess career choices based on national trends and forecasts
- Plan your major, choose electives and explore additional activities that pursue career goals
- Learn about potential cooperative learning and internship possibilities
- Explore graduate or professional school possibilities
- Develop professional resumes and cover letters for prospective employers
- To schedule an appointment with a Career Coach, call 304-696-2370 or email us.
An Innovative Approach
FOCUS 2 combines self-assessment, career and major exploration, decision making and action planning in one comprehensive product. Customized with Marshall’s majors, students’ assessment results are matched to career options and majors/programs offered at Marshall. FOCUS 2 guides students through a reliable career and education decision-making model to help them select their majors at your college, make informed career decisions and take action.
Focus 2 Instructions:
- Log into MyMU, on the left-hand side select Focus 2 from the bottom of the launchpad.
- There are two assessments at the top that gauge career planning readiness and academic strengths, and five self-assessments below that. We recommend taking all the parts.
- You can combine any or all of the five self-assessments to see the corresponding O*Net career recommendations.
- Once you have taken the assessments, please make an appointment to meet with a Career Coach to discuss results.
Welcome to your tool for career exploration and job analysis! O*NET OnLine has detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more!