Marshall University is continuing to closely monitor the challenges associated with COVID-19 and its impact on student internships. As such, we would like to remind students of the opportunity to pursue short-term, professional, paid work experiences through Micro-Internships which can be completed remotely.
Through Micro-Internships, students can demonstrate their skills, explore career paths, and develop their professional networks. These paid opportunities typically range from 5 to 40 hours of work, and students can be selected for multiple Micro-Internships.
As the nation responds to the dynamic environment as a result of COVID-19, new Micro-Internship opportunities are being posted daily.
Interested students are encouraged to:
- Create an account on Marshall University’s Micro-Internship platform
- Fill out your profile as completely as possible
- Have a resume ready! Need assistance? Contact the Office of Career Education to schedule a virtual resume appointment at email@example.com
- Review current Micro-Internship projects available and apply to projects of interest
- You may be asked to fill out supplemental questions. If you need assistance, upload a document with the questions and your answers to Handshake to be reviewed by a Career Coach.
- Companies will review applicants and choose their students. No interviews!
- Continue to check the platform regularly for new opportunities
If you have any questions, please contact Erin LaFon at firstname.lastname@example.org