Request to Transfer F-1 SEVIS Record (Transfer In)

F-1 or J-1 students who are currently enrolled at or recently graduated from another U.S. university, college or high school must submit a Request for Transfer-In I-20 to the Office of International Student Services prior to enrolling for courses. This request form will also trigger a Transfer-In request form that will need to be completed by both the student and a DSO at the current school. Please be sure to provide your Marshall University acceptance letter to the International Student Advisor at your current school to have your SEVIS record transferred to Marshall University.

Please be advised that your SEVIS record cannot be released with the Request for Transfer-In I-20 and Transfer-In request form. Additionally, this form only requests information from your current immigration record and does not result in the request of transcripts or other academic records required for admission at Marshall University.

To request a Transfer-In I-20 and begin the process of having your F-1 SEVIS record transferred to Marshall, please submit a form online at:

Request for Transfer-In I-20

Processing times for a Request to Transfer F-1 SEVIS Record varies depending on your desired Transfer Release Date and processing times at your current school. Once your request is processed, you will receive email notification to your Marshall University email account stating that your new I-20 for Marshall University has been issued. If you do not receive notification in a timely manner, please contact the Office of International Student Services at

Recent Posts

Be Cautious of Scams!

If you receive a suspicious email or phone call, please contact our office immediately before taking further action. To learn more about how to protect yourself from common scams, click on the bolded text for information from Study in the States and USCIS.


Sorry. This form is no longer accepting new submissions.