The Marshall Recreation Center offers a wide variety of memberships. Please view the information below to find your eligibility based on your membership type. All child, household and family memberships may only be purchased with an active member, of the same household. For more information or to find your membership eligibility, please stop by the welcome desk in the Rec Center lobby anytime the facility is open.Cancel/Freeze/Payroll Deduction Form Mountain Health Autodraft Form
Main Member Rates
|Membership Type||1 Month||Monthly||Annual (20% discount)||Single/Guest|
|Friends & Affiliates||$60||$58||$556.80||$10|
|Marshall Health Fitness||–||$25||–||$10|
|PEIA Weight Management||–||$30||–||$10|
Member Add-On Rates
|Child of Non-Student (Ages 6-15)||$18||$15||$144||$6|
|Child of Student (Ages 6-15)||$18||$12||$115.20||$6|
|Child 5 and Under||$0||$0||$0||$0|
|*Family +4||$55||$51||$489.60||$10 per guest|
|Household Members (16+)||$35||$31||$297.60||$10|
- Amenities – Two fitness floors, fitness studios, indoor track, rock wall, locker rooms, indoor pool & spa, basketball courts, racquetball courts, turf field and game room.
- Member Benefits – Free group fitness classes, free daily use lockers, free shower towels, free access to the climbing wall, discounts on all programming (swim school, kids night out, camps, personal training, fitness assessments, outdoor trips, rentals, birthday parties, team building, safety certifications, etc).
- Main membership must be purchased for add-ons to be eligible (child, family +4, or household member).
- Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- When adding individuals to the family plan, you must have an active member on the account. The family membership add-on will accommodate an additional 5 individuals (6 total with the main member). If you wish to add additional household members on to the account, there is a $10 add on fee per additional person. Memberships cap at 8 total people and may not exceed that number on an account. Proof of household member residence is required for add-on memberships.
Membership Types & Descriptions
Show your Marshall spirit and join the Rec as a Marshall Alumni member! Alumni are defined as individuals that have attended Marshall University or are members of the Alumni Association. Proof of graduation or Alumni Association Membership is required.
Children of non-students over the age of six may join the Rec. Children under the age of 6 are FREE until their 6th birthday. This membership type is for children of employees, associates, friends and affiliates, household members, etc. Our monthly Kid’s Night Out is free, and they may take advantage of discounts for camp, swim lessons and other services. *Main membership must be purchased before adding this membership type.
Children of students over the age of six may join the Rec. Children under the age of 6 are FREE until their 6th birthday. Our monthly Kid’s Night Out is free, and they may take advantage of discounts for camp, swim lessons and other services.
This membership may consist of children, household members, spouses and/or partners at least 16 years of age or older. This membership type can only be purchased in conjunction with an active member. Two of the following criteria must be met: Proof of joint financial responsibility, same last name, marriage license and/or same residence along with verifying identification.
Friends & Affiliates regularly make contributions to the University through their services and financial contributions. These members include: members of the Big Green Scholarship Foundation, Marshall University Foundation, employees of Cabell Huntington Hospital, St. Mary’s Medical Center, HIMG, King’s Daughters Medical Center, or VA Medical Center. Verifying identification is required, such as your employee ID.
This membership type may consist of children, household members, spouses, and/or partners at least 16 years of age or older. This membership type can only be purchased in conjunction with an active member. Two of the following criteria must be met: Proof of joint financial responsibility, Same last name, Marriage license, and/or Same residence along with verifying identification. *Main membership must be purchased before adding this membership type.
Associate members are employees of associated entities who work full-time on behalf of the university’s mission. These members include; Mountwest Community College, Marshall University Foundation, Inc., Big Green Foundation, Inc., Marshall Health, Marshall University Research Corporation, eFollette, Sodexo and all other approved contracted or outsourced employees working on behalf of Marshall University. Proof of associate relationship with Marshall University is required upon membership registration.
Recent Alumni are defined as individuals that have attended Marshall University within the past 12 months. Recent graduates will receive a one-time discount for the first year if joining within 12 months of graduation date.
Campus Recreation welcomes current employees, university retirees, and adjunct faculty/staff at the lowest membership rate available. An auto-draft form must be completed and turned in at the Welcome Desk. Verifying identification is required, such as your Marshall ID or proof of retirement.
Marshall employees can enroll in payroll deduction at the Rec Center welcome desk. Employees will be required to pay a prorated amount for the rest of the current month, plus the following month in full before payroll deduction can take effect. In the event of a cancellation, the Rec must be notified 30 days in advance to give ample time to stop the payments. Half of the monthly amount due will be drafted each paycheck.
- Must be a current Marshall University or Marshall Health employee.
- Have Marshall Health as Medical Home.
- Received written approval from primary physician to participate.
- Schedule and attend quarterly fitness assessments.
- Participation in individual or group activity at the Rec Center a minimum of four times per quarter.
- One-on-one personal training session upon entry into the program
- One-on-one Fitness Assessments (4 per year) that include cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose levels, and biometric screenings tests.
- Unlimited access to the Marshall Recreation Center.
Download the Registration Request Form PDF (Form must be completed prior to joining as a member.)
Download the Auto-Draft Authorization PDF
Download the ACSM Fitness Assessment Form PDF
- Hold PEIA Preferred Provider Benefit Insurance.
* Have enrolled in the PEIA Weight Management Program (www.peia.wv.gov).
- Selected Marshall Recreation Center as your participating facility.
- Make copayments monthly to Marshall Recreation Center (PEIA membership).
- Commit 2 years to weight management program.
- One-on-one personal training sessions.
- Nutrition consultations with a registered dietician.
- Quarterly fitness assessments.
- Unlimited access to the Marshall Recreation Center.
The Marshall Recreation Center is a provider for the Renew Active insurance program. Qualifying members must present their Healthy Contributions card to verify eligibility upon the first visit. After the confirmation process is complete, the membership will be set up at no cost to the member.
The Marshall Recreation Center is a provider for the Silver Sneakers insurance program. Qualifying members must present their Silver Sneakers card to verify eligibility upon the first visit. After the confirmation process is complete, the membership will be set up at no cost to the member.
The Marshall Recreation Center is a provider for the Silver & Fit insurance program. Qualifying members must present their Silver & Fit card to verify eligibility upon the first visit. After the confirmation process is complete, the membership will be set up at no cost to the member.
Additional Membership Forms & Information
- Cancel, Freeze, or Payroll Deduction Form (Marshall Health & MURC only)
- Mountain Health Network-Cabell & St. Mary’s Form (Authorize, Freeze, Cancel & Change)
- Parking Permit Form 2023-2024
- Liability Waiver PDF
Terms & Conditions: All memberships are subject to verification for proper classification. False and inaccurate information may result in a loss of membership and future access. Members will provide all documentation necessary to receive appropriate membership rates as determined by my membership class. Members understand that their membership is non-refundable and non-transferable. All payroll deduction or Auto Draft memberships are on a monthly basis and can only be cancelled at the request of the member. Cancellation forms must be submitted in advance by the 15th of the prior month. Memberships may be frozen for up to 3 months at a time no more than twice per year; freezes occur from the 1st of the month through the end of the month. Notice must be provided by the 15th of the prior month for a membership freeze. Failure to do so will result in membership renewal for the following month. It is the member’s responsibility to notify campus recreation immediately of any changes in bank/credit card information or payroll deduction. Campus Recreation will charge a $10 penalty if your credit/debit card is declined for any reason. Campus Recreation reserves the right to increase or add fees with 30 days notice to members. Annual memberships paid upfront will not be affected by any increase until after the expiration date of the paid membership. Members also understand that the Marshall Recreation Center will be closed for a minimum of 1 week at the end of the spring semester for annual maintenance and repair as well as select holidays, campus closures and other emergency situations and my membership will not be extended or refunded due to these closures.
For more information about rates & eligibility, please contact: