2. Bath Towels
3. Clothes hangers
4. Personal hygiene products (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, etc.)
5. Alarm clock
You may need to bring the above items or buy them after you arrive. We will arrange a shopping trip to a nearby department store the day after you arrive.
3. Small refrigerator
4. Coffee/ tea maker
5. Shower shoes/ sandals
6. Robe (to wear to and from the shower)
2. Rain boots
3. Rain coat
4. Warm outer wear, such as a heavy jacket or coat
5. Warm boots for cold weather and snow
6. Clothing that is good for layering, as some days in the transitional seasons like fall and spring are very cool in the morning and evening and very warm in the middle of the day
Microwaves and other cooking appliances are not allowed in the on-campus dormitory rooms.
Many students bring a laptop computer from their country. There are free internet high-speed connections in every on-campus dormitory room. You will need to have your computer configured by the Marshall University IT Service Desk in order to use your computer for internet use in the dormitory.
Keep in mind that if you bring an electrical appliance, such as a hair dryer or laptop computer, that electrical requirements in the USA are 110V. You can find adapters in local stores.
If you like, you can send items in advance from your country to the on-campus dormitory. You should make sure it arrives about the same time that you arrive. All mail or packages should be addressed to your name followed by your hall name and room number, Marshall University, One John Marshall Drive, Huntington, WV 25755. For example, if you live in Twin Towers West, your mailing address is:
Twin Towers West, Room 123
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV 25755