Please follow these steps for successful course scheduling:
- Email your advisor to schedule an appointment. COEPD Students: Meet with your Music Advisor first.
- Using the fillable School of Music Advising Contract, prepare your proposed course schedule prior to your appointment and print out.
- Discuss your proposed course schedule with your advisor.
- After your appointment, bring your completed School of Music Advising Contract to the “T” on Tuesday or Thursday of advising week to check out and receive permissions for permission-only courses, including applied lessons
- CAM Students: to have your advisor hold lifted when you check out
- On your designated day for registration, you may register online for all courses on your schedule, including applied lessons.
COEPD Students: Please see your education advisor after meeting
If you have any questions, please email Dr. Vicki Stroeher at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What about permission for applied lessons?
- You will receive permission for applied lessons at the checkout table in the “T” during Advising Week.
How do I know what section of recital or capstone to sign up for?
- Dr. Stroeher will assign you a section, and you will be given permission to register for that section online.
Who needs to sign up for MUS 376?
- You need to sign up for MUS 376 if you are planning to give your junior BFA recital or your Senior BA recital (music education) next semester.
How many credits of lessons do I sign up for? And how do I do that?
- Your School of Music Advising Contract will indicate how many credits to sign up for.
- Make sure you type the CRN into the online registration – don’t do a “search”.
- Using the pulldown menu, select 1 or 2 credits as appropriate.
- If you have difficulties, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Copy Dr. Vicki Stroeher on the email: email@example.com