Join Marshall University’s School of Music
- Apply and schedule an audition today. Individual audition dates are available and
tuition scholarships are available for qualified students.
- Our audition dates are January 20, February 16 & 17, and March 3
- You may request a special audition date if you cannot attend one of the scheduled audition days.
- Click here to download a list of undergraduate audition requirements.
- For full acceptance, in addition to the application into the School of Music, you must also be accepted into the university. An application to Marshall University can be completed at www.marshall.edu/admissions/apply/. You do not have to be accepted to the university prior to your music application or audition.
For more information or to schedule an audition, contact the School of Music’s Coordinator of Recruitment, Dr. Adam Dalton, at 304-696-2345 or email@example.com.
Graduate Student Admission
- Contact the applied instructor in your desired area of study.
- Download and submit the Music Graduate Application Form.
- Download and submit the Music Application for Graduate Assistantship.
- Complete and submit the Marshall University Application for Graduate Admission from the Graduate College. Please note that you do not have to be accepted to the university prior to your audition.
The School of Music annually awards tuition waivers and endowed scholarships to students who exhibit excellent talent and academic backgrounds during the audition process.
Tuition waivers are given in percentage increments and waive that portion of the student’s in-state, metro, or out-of-state tuition (depending on residency status). Tuition waivers cannot be used toward room, board, books and other fees and cannot be combined with any other tuition awards (i.e. Promise Scholarship, Presidential Scholarships, John Marshall Scholarships, etc.)
The department has a significant number of endowed scholarships that have been gifted by donors to promote educational opportunities in specific musical areas. Many are limited to whom they can be awarded so not all students are eligible to receive these awards.
Both types of awards have audition deadlines for eligibility.
Visit the Student Financial Assistance to to begin the application process for financial aid. You must have a FAFSA form on file to receive any scholarship monies. Please note: Music scholarships and tuition waivers can be awarded prior to the submission of financial aid papers, but final decisions and offers are contingent upon need and other factors and can be changed accordingly.