The courses listed below are general suggestions. Check the professional school of your choice to see specific admission requirements.
Minimum Science Coursework
- Anatomy – Comparative Anatomy (BSC 310) or Human Anatomy (BSC 227)
- Introductory Biochemistry (CHM 365)
- Principles of Biology I and II (BSC 120 and 121)
- Principles of Chemistry I and II and Labs (CHM 211, 212, 217, and 218)
- Organic Chemistry I and II and Organic Lab (CHM 355, 356, and 361)
- General Physics I and II and labs (PHY 201, 202, 203 and 204)
- Mathematics to meet prerequisite requirements for the science courses listed above
General Education Coursework
- English Composition I and II (ENG 101 and 201)
- Social and Behavioral Science: General Psychology (PSY 201) and Introductory Sociology (SOC 200)
- Follow catalog for degree requirements B.S. or B.A.
- Cell Biology (BSC 322)
- Genetics (BSC 324)
- Microbiology (BSC 302/304)
- Human Physiology (BSC 228) Note: BSC 228 does not count toward a Biological Science degree
- Psychology (PSY 201)
- Vertebrate Embryology (BSC 301)
Dental Admission Test (DAT) usually taken in the spring of your junior year for 4-year student. For the most current information, review the DAT web site.