This is exceptional opportunity to join a dynamic team in the Honors College at Marshall University. We are looking for a Director of Honors Student Engagement and Community Outreach—a role designed for an individual who is passionate about fostering academic excellence and social impact within a diverse and inclusive community.
Why is this opportunity unique?
- Mission-Driven: Be part of a team that doesn’t just aim for academic excellence but also for creating responsible, socially-conscious leaders for the future.
- Inclusive Excellence: We take pride in cultivating a diverse environment, providing equitable opportunities to students from all walks of life.
- Professional Development: At Marshall University, we invest in your growth, offering numerous opportunities for ongoing learning and career advancement.
- Community Impact: Partner with multiple units across the university and engage with community groups, making a tangible impact in both academic and local spheres.
- Interdisciplinary/departmental Exposure: Take advantage of rich experiences to work across various departments within a diverse university setting and gain a comprehensive view of academic practices and administration.
For more details about the role and how to apply, please visit the MU job site at https://marshall.peopleadmin.com/postings/23746.
In particular, we believe that those working in public education, generally, would see real continuity and expansion of their current roles and duties—being able to shape educational programming in a higher ed setting as our new hire. For recent Master’s graduates, there are tremendous growth opportunities in this position and the chance to create a significant impact early in their career.
We are committed to attracting and retaining quality faculty and staff. In doing so, Marshall University offers outstanding benefit packages to eligible employees only. Come Meet Marshall and discover what it means to be part of the Marshall University family!
- Work week is 37.5 hrs.
- A great highlight in December is that Marshall University employees receive almost two weeks off for Winter Break!
- Holidays – Employees receive 13 Paid Holidays
- Annual and Sick Leave – Classified Staff, Non-Classified Staff and 12-month Faculty earn up to 24 days of annual leave per year (max 360 hours) and up to 18 days of sick leave per year. ) Employee Leave
- Health Insurance – Marshall University offers health insurance through West Virginia Public Employees Insurance Agency (PEIA). There are seven (7) health benefit plans.
- Educational/Tuition Benefits – Marshall University provides tuition benefits to regular employees (after probationary period) and their dependent children.
- Retirement Plans – Marshall University offers retirement through Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association (TIAA). Full-time benefits eligible employees must participate in the mandated retirement plan (401(a)).
- Life Insurance – Basic term life insurance ($10,000) at no cost and may purchase optional life insurance coverage with pre-tax earnings.
|Position Title||Director of Honors Student Engagement and Community Outreach, Honors College|
|Banner Position Number||000914|
|E-Class||CX – Class Exempt FT – .53 or >|
|Department||Honor’s College – MU2170|
The Director of Student Engagement and Community Outreach in the Honors College at Marshall University is a member of a team of outstanding professionals committed to cultivating a diverse and collaborative community of thought and practice among our students, faculty, and public partners. The Program Manager is a critical team member for coordinating experiential learning and co-curricular opportunities for honors students and liaising with other student support offices on campus and external community groups.
About the Honors College
The Honors College at Marshall University provides an environment for innovative teaching and learning within an interdisciplinary curriculum motivated by creative, critical inquiry and respect for multiple thoughts, experiences, and identities. The Honors College collaborates with university and public partners to foster inclusive academic excellence in a diverse and supportive community of scholars dedicated to becoming socially conscious, responsible leaders and lifelong learners engaged in acquiring and applying knowledge for the greater good.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by September 22, 2023.
|Salary Range||$39,500 – $51,400; Salary may be increased based off education, experience, and internal equity.|
|Work Location||MU – Marshall University|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions Summary||
The search committee requests that three to five reference letters be submitted with your application. Please enter your references’ information in the Reference Letter Submission section of the application. Your references will be notified via email to submit their reference letters to the search committee in our Applicant Tracking system.