Important things to Note:
- For Marshall University Employees only
- The deadline for open enrollment is May 31st
- You must complete open enrollment (on-line or transfer form) to make any change (add, cancel or change plans). If no action, all coverage will remain the same.
- Shopper’s Guides will be late due to new legislation. Please check PEIA website.
- Printable version of What’s Important for 2024?
PEIA & The Health Plan HMOs and POS
Rates for Plan Year 2024, beginning July 1, will have a 24.2% increase in employer premiums. The increase will vary based on enrollment and performance in each plan.
- Spouse Coverage PEIA PPB and the Health Plan
- PPB and HP Plan A: $149
- PPB and THP Plan B: $139
- PPB Plan C: $141 PPB
- Plan D and Health Plan – Plan C: $147
- Any employee of a State Agency, Board of Education, College, or University that has a spouse on their PEIA plan, and the spouse is eligible for their employer’s health insurance, will pay a spousal surcharge starting 7/1/23 if spouse remains on PEIA plan.
- This does not apply to spouses of retirees or non-State employees
- This does not apply to spouses whose employers participate in PEIA
- This does not apply to active employees whose spouse is retired or is eligible for Medicare, Medicaid or TriCare/Champus
- Forms will be sent out to members with family coverage to confirm the status of their spouse’s available coverage. Members must complete the legal form or confirm the status of their spouse on the Manage My Benefits site.
- Failure to return the form or confirm the spouse’s status through Manage My Benefits will result in the surcharge being applied to your insurance effective July 1st.
Has your address changed? Let PEIA know!
Please make sure that your address is up-to-date with PEIA and FBMC.
- If your address has changed, you can update your records with PEIA by sending the address change in writing to 601 57th St., SE, Suite 2, Charleston, W.Va. 25304-2345 or by going on the agency’s website, wvpeia.com, and logging into Manage My Benefits. PEIA DOES NOT accept address changes over the phone.
- The address change must also be updated with FBMC. Please complete the change form and return to Human Resources. FBMC Change of Address Form
- Any non-Medicare members of PEIA, active or retired, that receive an in-patient service starting 07/01/2023 will see an increased co-insurance cost.
- Plan C ONLY– The deductibles will increase to $1,500 for employee only and $3,000 for employee with children and family policy tiers per IRS guidelines.
- SaveOnSP is now a mandatory specialty medication program beginning July 1, 2023. Members who are affected will be mailed a letter explaining the change. If you wish to check to see if you medication is on the list, please click here.
Just a reminder that each year policyholders must update their coordination of benefits. Doing so will prevent the denial of claims.
How do I update my Coordination of benefits?
- Visiting umr.com
- Calling UMR at 888-440-7342
The Health Plan
- Call The Health Plan at 888-847-7902
Mountaineer Flexible Benefits
Here is what is changing for your upcoming Mountaineer Flexible Benefits Plan Open Enrollment:
- SunLife will be the new dental carrier beginning July 1, 2023. As a result, there will be plan changes.
- The routine plan will be retired. Members in the routine plan with Delta Dental will be moved up to the Assistance Plan with SunLife. Please refer to your benefits guide for more information.
- There will be a new Premier Plan with increased benefits. Please refer to your benefits guide for more information on this plan.
- There will be a reduction in the legal and hearing plans.
- The FSA and Limited- Use FSA contribution limit will now be $3,050.
- The 2023 annual HSA contribution limit for individuals will now be $3,850.
- The 2023 annual HSA contribution limit for individuals with family will now be $7,750.
Please see the below list for dates and times.
Representatives from PEIA, The Health Plan, FBMC, and new dental provider SunLife will be in attendance.
Tuesday, April 11, 2023
Holiday Inn Express
100 Civic Center Drive
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
1 Tamarack Park
Thursday, April 13, 2023
Delta Hotels- Downtown
800 3rd Avenue
Tuesday, April 18, 2023
WV Northern Community College
J. Michael Koon Auditorium (1s floor of the B & O Building)
1704 Market Street
Wednesday, April 19, 2023
Holiday Inn University
1188 Pineview Drive
Thursday, April 20, 2023
Holiday Inn Express
301 Foxcroft Avenue
Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Mineral Wells, WV
167 Elizabeth Pike