Page may be out of date
This page has not been updated in the last 5 years. The content on this page may be incorrect. If you have any questions please contact the web team.

We Are….IT! Double Feature Friday – Ryan Adkins & Dave Daniel

Share

This week is a “Double Feature Friday!” MUIT is spotlighting two of our employees, Ryan Adkins and Dave Daniel, that recently took part in the Highlands Museum & Discovery Center’s fifth annual “Dancing With Our Stars,” philanthropic event. During this event, local “celebrities” are paired with professional dancers to compete against each other for the mirror ball trophy. This event was attended by more than 550 people, and was the largest financial gain the Museum had seen in the event’s history. This year has broken all previous fundraising records held over the last five years.

Ryan and his partner Mary (pictured above left) moved on from each round based on the number of $1 votes they received, which is set aside for charity. The competition brought about a wide variety of dance styles from country all the way to Bollywood. Events like this are just one of Ryan’s many interests. Dave and his partner Lauren (pictured above right) also had a great time participating. While Ryan was the professional in his duo, Dave was the celebrity. He is well-known in his hometown of Ashland, KY, where the event is held every year. To get to know more about Ryan and Dave, check out their bio features below.

Ryan Adkins, Classroom Support Technician (TECI)

What degrees do you hold? 
B.A. & M.A. in History
Both from Marshall University

How would you describe your role in 10 words or less?
I provide technology support for TECI classrooms.

What is your favorite thing about working in IT or at MU?
When I can help show somebody how to use technology in a way they’ve never considered, or that makes their job easier. That’s a great feeling.

What is your favorite restaurant in the Huntington/Charleston area?
Too many to choose from, but right now fried tofu in the pad thai at Surin of Thailand is at the top of my list!

Favorite vacation spot? 
The mountains or the beach, as long as there are no people nearby.

What are you currently watching/binging?
“Psych!” You know that’s right.

What are some of your favorite pastimes or hobbies? 
Everything from sci-fi/fantasy books and video games to building my own light saber out of hardware store parts and circuit boards.

Plug in your LinkedIn!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rsadkins

How can someone from our community reach you?
adkins318@marshall.edu

Dave Daniel, ASAP Lead

What degrees do you hold?
Bachelors – Management Information Systems
Masters – Technology Management

Banner System Security Administrator, BDM/Workflow Administrator and Database Analyst.

I love being on a campus and the way that it is constantly new and vibrant. Continually being engaged with new ideas and cultures in an incredible valuable thing to have at a workplace.

21 at The Fredrick.

Favorite vacation spot?
St. Augustine, FL. I got married there and my family has a place just south of there that we go visit a few times a year.

MindHunter, ridiculously interesting and good.

My family is my #1 past time. I also co-own a Social Media Marketing & Consulting company, The Social Rip, and also Chair a Non-Profit, Build Ashland, in my hometown of Ashland, KY. I absolutely love doing both of these hobbies. It allows me to get to work with local government, other non-profits, local businesses, and meet some really good people. Plus, it brings help to so many in need, which is what it’s all about.

Plug in your LinkedIn!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/daved4/

davefdaniel@gmail.com

Recent Releases