On Monday, February 10th, 2020, Marshall University will begin migrating email to Office 365. The university is beginning the migration of all on campus email services to Microsoft hosted services online (Office 365). This change is being made to combine all email clients for students, faculty and staff on one consistent email platform.
The university is migrating all users from an on-premise Exchange server environment to a Microsoft Hosted Exchange Online environment. This migration is being made in an effort to combine all users (Students/Faculty/Staff) onto one consistent email platform. Users will receive an email from IT Announcements prior to their move.
- Office 365 email is integrated with all other Office 365 products https://www.marshall.edu/it/office365/.
- Consistent platform for all Marshall email clients.
- Larger mailbox quota (100GB compared to previously 25GB)
- Increased message size limits
- Additional features such as a "Focused Inbox" are made available with Exchange Online
Do I access my email differently?
No, you shouldn’t see any difference in your Outlook email client except for additional new features. If you use outlookweb, you’ll now need to go to https://outlook.office365.com/ and log in with your full Marshall email address, and you’ll be redirected to the MU Single Sign-On portal.
What will I need to do?
You will need to close Outlook and restart on your desktop.
Technical Assistance: Please contact the IT Service Desk via chat at www.marshall.edu/it, phone 304-696-3200, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person on the first floor of Drinko Library and Information Center.