Skype for Business is Marshall’s unified communications solution that integrates all of our communication needs. Combining the best abilities of our desk phones, Microsoft Outlook, instant messaging, group, and personal video conferencing with others, whether collaborating on– or off-campus.
Skype for Business provides a more feature-rich, flexible, and cost effective solution to connect the University to its department and students. Stay in touch with colleagues and students using the device of your choice. Skype for Business combines your office phone, email, and desktop client into a powerful tool to help organize communication. Skype for Business is available on your desktop, laptop, mobile devices, and tablets. The University standard telephone is the Polycom VVX600 and is fully compatible with Skype for Business.
If you have any questions – please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Get Answers to Common Questions
For self-help and documentation, please click the Common Questions categories below.
- Add a Contact to your Phone
- Add a phone number to your contact card
- Join a Skype for Business Meeting by phone
- Login instructions for Polycom VVX 600 phones
- Transferring a Call: Blind vs. Consultative
- How to change idle status timeout on your phone (pdf)
- How to change your status (pdf)
- How to change ring type on shared line appearance (pdf)
- How to Remotely Check your Voicemail (pdf)
- BTOE Benefits and Requirements (pdf)
- How to set up a Conference Call using the Polycom VVX 600 telephone (pdf)
- Add a contact on your desktop client (Video: 51 sec)
- Add or remove delegates from your contacts
- Call forwarding options
- Changing your profile picture
- Checking your audio and video settings (Video: 1 min 44 sec)
- Find previous conversations and your call list
- Join a Skype for Business meeting on your computer (Video: 2 min 44 sec)
- Make a phone call from your computer (Video: 1 min 46 sec)
- Meet, present, share documents, and your screen (Video: 1 min 37 sec)
- Send an instant message (Video: 1 min 38 sec)
- Set your status, availability, and instant message on your computer (Video 1 min 38 sec)
- How to change your status(pdf)
- Set up an audio device for Skype for Business
- Start a conference call on the fly
- Team Call Group Settings
- Transfer a Skype for Business call
- Troubleshoot video issues
- Video calls: make and receive
- How to Log in to Response Groups and Department Queues (pdf)
- How to Transfer to Voicemail (pdf)
- SFB FAQs (pdf)
- How to set up a Conference Call using SFB (pdf)
On Demand Online Training
With access to LinkedIn Learning, Marshall students, faculty, and students have full access to LinkedIn Learning. LinkedIn Learning provides easy to follow video lessons from experts in each subject area powered by Lynda.com videos.
Log in using your MUNET username and password and view a full self-paced tutorial on Skype for Business Essential Training.
Visit our Unified Communications Training content.
Users guide brochures are available for quick reference:
- SFB Brochure: Making Phone Calls from Your Computer
- SFB Brochure: Instant Messaging, Conference Calls, Video Conferencing
- Polycom VVX600 Telephone User Guide
If you are experiencing technical issues or having problems please contact our IT Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn how you can use Skype for Business to connect with others and run effective meetings, while saving time and resources.
To schedule training for individuals or small groups email email@example.com.
Please Note: To schedule training for individuals or small groups email firstname.lastname@example.org.