Marshall University will be migrating all V: Drive storage to Microsoft OneDrive in the coming months. We will be creating V: Drive space for all new students for the 2019 spring term but will no longer provision V: Drive space for new users after February 2019. We are continuing through February to accommodate any faculty who have specific V: Drive needs outlined in their syllabi. We ask that all faculty update your syllabi to reflect the use of Microsoft Office 365 OneDrive account instead.
All Marshall University Faculty and Staff that use the V: Drive for storage should, as soon as possible, migrate all your data to your OneDrive account. Existing users will have access until Fall 2019, and it is recommended to have all contents moved from your V: Drive before the start of the Fall 2019 term. You can do so by going to portal.microsoftonline.com, logging in with your MUNet username and password, choose “work or school account”, and simply drag and drop files into OneDrive. Alternatively, you can install the OneDrive desktop app and drag and drop files into a folder in that location.
Some of the benefits of using OneDrive are:
- More storage space – 1 Terabyte (vs. 5 GB on V: Drive)
- Recovering deleted items in Office 365
- Access from multiple devices
- Office 365 Mobile app available so you can access from anywhere on the go
- Collaboration / sharing with colleagues or family and friends
- Integration with other Microsoft Office 365 Applications