The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Marshall University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314; phone: 703-706-3245; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Web site: http://www.capteonline.org.
- MU IPHSO (Interprofessional Health Student Organization) Spring Conference Poster Submission – Please click HERE.
- Open Faculty Position – https://marshall.peopleadmin.com/postings/13526; Please contact Dr. Saurabh Mehta (Chair of Faculty Search Committee) email@example.com for more information.
- Marshall University School of Physical Therapy earned the Platinum Level of APTA Reach100% Student Membership Challenge in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2019!
- MU SOPT Continuing Education (July 13-14, 2019): An Evidence-Based Approach to the Examination & Intervention of the Knee Joint Using a Cadaver Study. Please click here for the registration information.
- Congratulations to Dr. Sujoy Bose who will receive the James Dunleavy Distinguished Service Award from the Academy of Acute Care Physical Therapy (AACPT) at the American Physical Therapy Association’s Combined Section Meeting Jan. 24, 2019 in Washington, D.C.
- Class of 2018 Achieves 100% First-Time Board Pass Rate! (Herald-Dispatch; MU Communications)
- Congratulations to Dr. D. Scott Davis who was recently elected as a Director of of the American Council of Academic Physical Therapy (ACAPT).
- 2018 White Coat Ceremony (DPT Class of 2020): Photo Album
- Congratulations to Dr. Rania Karim who was recently appointed by the APTA Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy to serve as the chair of Membership Committee.
- Congratulations to Alysia Hively SPT (MU SOPT, Class of 2019) who is the 2018 recipient of the Ruth Caraway Morris Scholarship.
- Marshall University School of Physical Therapy will be hosting the LSVT BIG training and certification workshop on August 24-25, 2018. Registration deadline is Friday, August 3, 2018. Please click here for registration information.
- Dr. Patrick Kitzman, Professor and Associate Dean for Research, University of Kentucky will visit SOPT on June 8, 2018 (12:15-2:30 PM; St. Mary Center for Education Rahall Room) for the second annual Penny G Kroll Visiting Speaker Series.
- Dr. Ashley Mason passed the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialty (ABPTS) Specialist Certification Exam in June 2017 and officially becomes an Pediatrics Certified Specialist (PCS). Congratulations on Dr. Mason’s exciting achievement!
- American Physical Therapy Association President, Dr. Sharon Dunn visited SOPT on June 9, 2017 for the first annual Penny G. Kroll Visiting Speaker Series.
- 2017 White Coat Ceremony (DPT Class of 2019): Pictures on The Herald-Dispatch
- News (April 19, 2017): Huntington wins $3 million for urban development!
- Congratulations to Dr. Ashley Mason who was recently appointed by Governor Jim Justice to serve on the West Virginia Board of Physical Therapy.
- Congratulations to Dr. Jim Dauber who was recently appointed to the Practice Committee of the Orthopaedic Section, APTA. He will serve the profession well at the National level.
- Research Presentation of MU SOPT Faculty & Students at the upcoming APTA 2017 Combined Section Meeting, San Antonio, TX (February 15-18, 2017)
- College of Health Professions Faculty Newsletter: Fall 2016 (Archive)
- Dr. Brad Profitt passed the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialty (ABPTS) Specialist Certification Exam in June 2016 and officially becomes an Orthopaedics Certified Specialist (OCS). Congratulations on Dr. Profitt’s great achievement!
- Intraprofessional Case Discussion (PT & PTA)
On June 19, 2014, the first intraprofessional case discussion was successfully held at MU SOPT. Students from the Physical Therapy Assistant Program of the Mountwest Community and Technical College and the DPT program of the Marshall University participated in this case discussion. This event was intended to provide an opportunity for students to apply information learned in their respective programs regarding delegation of PT services and supervision of PT supportive personnel to actual case scenarios in a small group collaborative learning exercise.
- 2016 White Coat Ceremony (DPT Class of 2018): YouTube Video
- 2015 White Coat Ceremony (DPT Class of 2017): Press Release; YouTube Video; Herald-Dispatch
- MU SOPT DPT Program Ribbon Cutting Ceremony (June 2012): YouTube Video
American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
West Virginia Physical Therapy Association (WVPTA)
West Virginia Board of Physical Therapy
Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT)
Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE)
MU SOPT Brochure
MU SOPT White Coat Sponsorship
Marshall University Foundation
DPT 2023 Affidavit of Intent to Enroll Form
DPT 2023- Affidavit of Intent to Enroll Form- E
DPT 2023 Affidavit of Intent to Enroll form (International Applicant)
2020 Supplemental Application Form
2020 Interview Survey