When people say "digital signage", they’re talking about digital displays used to inform and persuade, and it’s everywhere. University campuses. retailers and transit systems using digital signage is increasingly common.
Our digital signage network is used as both informative and interactive applications. The digital signage keeps the university community informed about current events, welcomes visitors, provides directions, shows meeting schedules, and academic calender’s.
In an effort for University departments and registered student organizations to increase publicity for on-campus events, Digital Media Services and University Communications has established a process in which groups can advertise their events on the digital signs around campus. All campus-wide submissions must prominently display the name and contact information of the sponsoring University department or registered student organization.
Postings must contain correct event date, time, and location. Events must be scheduled and confirmed prior to posting advertisement.
Postings can be submitted at www.marshall.edu/ucomm/request
Contact your University Communications representative for assistance with designing, approving and scheduling your content for digital signage. If you aren’t sure who your UComm representative is, click here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The maximum allotted time for posted messages is 15 seconds per slide or 20 seconds per video. Since messages vary in length, the number of messages displayed will vary from day to day.
- Messages are limited in duration to a maximum of 14 consecutive days, unless an exception is granted.
Priority postings on the display monitors will be for messages that are of importance to the entire university community and that relate to the university’s mission and operations Messages directed at specific or limited audiences will be considered low priority postings and will only be posted when space is available. Displays will be approved according to the following priorities, in order:
- Administrative information of concern to all students.
- Events open to the entire university community that are occurring on-campus and sponsored by university departments or registered student organizations.
- General information announcements that are of interest to the entire university community.
- Events open to the entire university community that are occurring off-campus and sponsored by university departments or registered student organizations.
- Events sponsored by university departments or registered student organizations that are not of interest to the entire university community.
University Communications will notify campus departments and student organizations within 48 hours of submission if the electronic message board request is denied.
For more information about installing your own digital sign or to report a problem please contact email@example.com