Full Time Vacancies
IT Infrastructure Engineer
IT Infrastructure Team is looking for a network engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support Marshall University’s growing network infrastructure. This role will be part of the network infrastructure team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network and telecommunication architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
For more info and to apply, please visit https://marshall.peopleadmin.com/postings/8895
Essential Duties Include:
• Plan and schedule meetings and appointments for Associate VP for IT/CIO
• Review incoming mails, memos, composes reports and correspondence, organizes files for Associate VP for IT/CIO
• Arrange, participate in and implement, as directed, IT administration meetings, special events, receptions and committee meetings.
• Coordinate administrative activities, retrieving, organizes and disseminates information to IT employees
• Assist IT Employees on administrative requests and procedures, monitors progress and brings to administrator’s attention critical problems needing immediate action.
• Create spreadsheets, presentations, documents and reports for IT leadership team
• Maintain IT admin website; Process departmental full time PARs; Assist with IT Division recruiting process and facilitate approval for IT Travels.
• Provide support for business workflow project.
• Participate in student service related activities like Student Orientation and Week of Welcome.
• Assist in the development, implementation and administration of grants and contracts.
For more info and to apply, please visit https://marshall.peopleadmin.com/postings/9090
Information Technology Intern
This internship provides Marshall University students with an opportunity for to develop and enhance several much need skills required for today’s technology job market. By working on projects alongside the Information Technology team, students will be exposed to a work environment that gives them real life experience. This environment will help them learn how to collaborate as part of a team on projects, increase their technical skills, and their professional skills. Applying what students learn in the classroom to hands on projects with results is an invaluable experience. Some of the projects interns are working on are:
• Evaluating new technology devices, software, and services and write reports on the findings (in a format that can be posted as a web page)
• Developing some prototypes or proof of concepts for a new implementation that could become production on the university campus (e.g. attendance tracking, student mobile services etc.)
• Writing data reports and design visual analytics dashboards for certain departments on campus or for researchers.
• Assisting the IT department in some operation tasks when needed.
To apply, click on the title and email your cover letter and resume.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status or disability. Please visit our IT Culture of Diversity page.