This service is made available as needed for a fee.
There are many diverse learning and technical environments here at Marshall University. Sometimes a department will require a service that is unique and not currently available on campus. When these one-off needs arise and a server is required to host that service, the IT Infrastructure Systems offer services to manage and maintain the department server for a fee. FY16 Rate Schedule
The ITI Systems can provide the following:
- Assistance in determining the server system specs that are needed for CPU, memory and storage.
- Provisioning, configuration, and management of a physical or virtual server hosted in the Drinko Library Datacenter which has fully redundant cooling and power with an onsite dedicated generator.
- Installation, file and security configuration, patching, and troubleshooting of Windows, Linux, Mac, and Unix operating systems.
- 24×7 onsite and offsite monitoring of service status.
- Security and backup configuration, monitoring, and logging.
- IIS, MS SQL, MySQL, Tomcat, and Apache support as needed.
For more information